Faster , Smarter , Higher by Utkarsh Rai



This book reached me after I had gone through a rough phase at work and the first thing I thought while reading this was , how much years have I put myself behind by not noticing all these things around me. This simple written , well organized book should be made into mandatory reading every time you jump the professional ladder and to prepare yourself for the same.

The book is divided into sections - one for each player in the office, starting with yourself. You , the manager , the team , the colleagues , the manager's friends and lastly the manager's boss - the book has advice on tackling all of these and of any attitude or ethics.  Each chapter ends with quote from different business leaders and whether you read the book in a flow or random topics , the quotes fit well every where. Reading this book resolved some of my queries that I was hoping to voice out some day to my boss or to ask my mentor without looking stupid. Thanks to this book , I now have some more relevant content to fill the gaps when I am in a face to face meeting with anyone in office. I specially benefited a lot from the first section since it taught me how I was not using my own skills and networks in optimum way.

I sure need to re read the book in some months , just to make sure I am on the right track in m professional journey. A very good book for starting to work on oneself , to change and to aspire for a successful and happy time at work.

My rating : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...