Agniputr by Vadhan

Last year I read Shatru by Vadhan and I fell in love with the character. So when I got the chance to review this book , I was hoping I would be entertained same way. From the moment I started the book , I was hooked. This book was a great help in curing my reading block.



Agniputr is a weapon , the only way to get rid of the demon that has been invoked in the earth's realm by a tantrik. Born out of blood of Surya family, it can only be contained by heir of the same clan, who now is a lawyer far away from home , busy seducing women and earning money. The first attempt to destroy it is ruined by treachery but it does manage to control and hide it from evil eyes. But now , it grows stronger and it is bidding time to unleash all its power and destroy all life on the planet. Using a greedy politician's resources and mind , the tantrik is back to the castle where it all started. The plot is not as simple as it appears in the skeletal structure. As soon as you think the story is on predictable path , the author brings a beautiful twist . The end was supposed to be smooth and easily drawn about but the tables turn there too. How much I hate to wait for next part !

Lovers of thrillers / sci fiction or fantasy will equally like this book. There is a good research done on setting the scientific explanations of some of the phenomenon whether related or not in the larger scheme. Spirituality / ancient wisdom is slowly being proven right by science and we can not ignore it now. The book binds both together beautifully.

My rating : 5/5  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...