Glitter and Gloss by Vibha Batra


I read and liked Vibha's last book a lot, which I just realized never got the review post I had planned to do about it. When Vibha asked me to read and review her new book, I was glad for the opportunity since I trust very few Indian authors to make me like a chick-lit / romance book.

Glitter and Gloss actually has a glittering cover in golden sparkle that so reminded me of my school art projects. Misha is an independent , careless and spirited make up artist who dreams of love and brides equally. She is very good at her job , which is her only purpose and dream till she meets Akshay , the rich sexy businessman , the one who is so unlike her past failed relationships that it is hard for her bestie to believe. Add in the house friend of Misha -  the perfect friend and roommate worth living with a guy for.

The book is fun , very easy to like and to believe. The situations are mostly real , the conversations free flowing , characters well drawn and for once if you do not at all question the chances of such a couple , you will enjoy the book. This story feels so true and one can relate to most of the drama of a working girl trying to manage her job and family ; both hers and the guy's family efficiently , to constantly seek approvals from others about your life choices and how one can be so blinded by self criticism that we sometimes hurt those who love us.

Though I would have liked to read a little more about the work Misha does or look at her taking a responsible stand for herself but in all , this book is perfect for a lazy evening or late night reading binge !

My rating : 3.5/5




1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, Nimue, for reading and appreciating my book!

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...