Review: The Liar in the Library by Simon Brett

The Liar in the Library The Liar in the Library by Simon Brett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such cozy cute mystery. I was actually transported to the age of non voilent , slowly unwrapping , investigative stories of gone by era. Loved the realistic characterization of the leading ladies and all the other cast.

I could not understand some of the literary references but the way the author included the working of the publishing industry and the life in a small town , its too charming. After a while I was more engrossed in knowing about the library , the conversations more than finding the killer. Ooh and the title is much clever. I am going to soon check previous books by Simon.

Thanks Natgalley for giving me a chance to read this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...