My last love story by Falguni Kothari

I am not fond of love stories but I can survive a rare few , considering my own wedding is a love story sort. When I read the blurb for this book , I expected this to talk about the years of pain and sufferings a fatal illness causes the person and the partner. Also, as it mentioned a potential future lover , I was not sure how it would turn out. What I got was a very realistic , very sensitive and heart touching story of friendship and love. I could so much relate to the friendship of the characters and the blurring lines of love and longing when away from each other. Some friendships define us , shape us , break us and reclaim us with passing years. This is exactly what we find here for Zian , Simee and Nirvaan. With different ethnicity giving the characters their own baggage and quirks, mixed with the families , this story has everything to offer for a diverse and universal story of trauma , secrets , love and acceptance of lemons that life throws at you ! The conversations are not sappy but sprinkled with fun and humor. The fights are not too loud, but manage to bring out the hurt and the anger. The feelings of Niravaan who is going to die , his Wish list and the impacts on people around him are so beautifully expressed in this story never forgetting to include his wife and friend's thoughts and fears from past and future.  I enjoyed this  book, laughed and cried with the pages and even long after i closed it , i could not find flaws with this.

My rating : 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...