I, Writer by Anthony North

The challenge with short pieces of fiction is to leave the reader wowed after reading very little. It's not the matter of holding the interest of the reader, since one can't get bored of such short pieces very soon.

I, Writer by Anthony North brings together few pieces of such fiction that leave me with a smile because of the twist to the endings. I like it because it makes me imagine the scene, and well, most of the pieces work nicely and are interesting if not all of them. The book itself is a short one, one that you can finish in a few hours. But I feel it'd be best if you take time with it. Read a few stories at one go and then come back to it after a while, to read again. Maybe to soothe your mind between two heavy reads.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...