Review: Season of Crimson Blossoms by Abubakar Adam Ibrahim


My rating: 5 of 5 stars

There are some stories that are doomed from the beginning. And I knew it to be true for this book. I think that is the only reason i took a little more time with the book.

The book is about the affair of an old divorcee Binta and the very young local thug Reza. It is a story of how this one relationship affects their family and their own life. The writing style of the book is very straightforward. There is no fancy poetic feel to the prose but it is rather rustic and it works best to add charm to the setting. The characters are so much detailed and engaging. Though the story moves a little back and forth , it never loses interest. The book shows the history of the city and the political landscape as it progresses with the personal stories about marriages, courtship and the web of extended families.

Such a brilliant story telling and absolutely heart breaking end. I really wanted it to end differently for Binta and I will remember her story for a long time.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...