#Favefive Lines from Literature



For a person surrounded by books , it's so so hard to not keep quoting or picking inspiration from the written word. And while HP is my go to place for advice of all kind , here are the 5 lines that have become a part of me -

Blessed be 

Two words , a simple wish and ironically it was from a character that turned out to be the evil one. Much later I realized that it's a Wiccan phrase that it is not used casually. But for about the period I was obsessed with House of Night , I had loved this phrase of wishing good to the people.


For you a thousand times over 

I have still not read the book and though I knew this line from before ,what made this special for me is that during a low phase if mine , A friend had kept this as his whatsapp status , dedicated to me. And he still means this. So this line is super super special.

People have forgotten this truth," the fox said. "But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed. You’re responsible for your rose. 


This is from the book The Little Prince , in which every page has something to highlight and keep. Most of the book is about friendship and being true to your heart. But this line for me is the reason and excuse never to leave friends behind. You are responsible for the rose you help grow once.

Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else 

Oh how I love Mitch Albom books. There is not a single year now that I do not read his books and every once in a while I keep going back to my favorite quotes. This is from the book Five people you meet in heaven which changed my thoughts on life. We all have been living with other's sacrifices ,mostly unrelated and unknown to us. And that is something not be taken lightly. This life is not to be wasted feeling lonely.


That feeling in your heart: it’s called mono no aware. It is a sense of the transience of all things in life. The sun, the dandelion, the cicada, the Hammer, and all of us: we are all subject to the equations of James Clerk Maxwell, and we are all ephemeral patterns destined to eventually fade, whether in a second or an eon. 


Only Ken Liu can write science fiction with such a beauty that it never feels fictional. Every story of his manages to touch the heart and make you aware of your relationships, your life , your purpose with a force that you are completely caught up in his words. This year I finally managed to read his story collection after I read the story The paper Menagerie online. Do try if you have not read his work so far.


That's all the beauties I could think of introducing you to for now. Do share your favorite quote with me in comments.

More quotes to be read here -


2 comments:

  1. I've read the middle three and loved those lines too. :-) They're beautiful lines for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the second and the third :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...