The Sudden Appearance of Hope - Claire North


The Sudden Appearance of Hope

ISBN - 9780316335997
FIRST PUBLISHED - 2016
PAGES - 468
GENRE - Fiction
PUBLISHERS - Hachette

AUTHOR - Claire North

SYNOPSIS - Listen.
All the world forgets me. First my face, then my voice, then the consequences of my deeds.
So listen. Remember me.

My name is Hope Arden, and you won't know who I am. We've met before - a thousand times. But I am the girl the world forgets.

It started when I was sixteen years old. A slow declining, an isolation, one piece at a time.

A father forgetting to drive me to school. A mother setting the table for three, not four. A teacher who forgets to chase my missing homework. A friend who looks straight through me and sees a stranger.

No matter what I do, the words I say, the people I hurt, the crimes I commit - you will never remember who I am.

That makes my life tricky. But it also makes me dangerous . . .

The Sudden Appearance of Hope is the tale of the girl no one remembers. But this gripping story – of love and loss, of hope and despair, of living in the moment and dying to leave a mark – is novel that will stay with you forever.

QUOTES - 

  • When you are alone, even the quiet is full of monsters.
  • He who is silent is seen to consent.
  • The world is boiled down to aphorisms and fairy tales.
  • They are . . .in their own, unspectacular way, to which no ballads are written or songs sung, in a domestic, daily, life-being-lived way,. . . happy.


FL Speak - I love Claire North. Have I mentioned it before? It should be written on stone. Her books her gold. Solid.

The Sudden Appearance of Hope is an interesting read. But Claire did refine her writing in the previous books. What do you do when someone forgets you the moment they look away? Now that's a gift I'd ask my Santa for. In reality, though, you'd be lonely as hell.

But oh the possibilities of crime and one night stands!

What starts as a pretty beginning for a petty thief soon turned out to be a worldwide hunt for revenge and self-discovery. I loved the character of Hope Arden. In a world, where time stops for none, it stopped for her. This is a helluva tale of a single girl taking on a behemoth, making the wrong decisions, changing her life, schooling herself in discipline and above all, find a place for herself.

This is the first fiction novel where I came upon the darknet. I'm pretty sure other books cover it too but I haven't read those yet. If you do not know what the darknet is, google it and possibly stay away. I came upon darknet a couple of years ago when I was researching on some illegal ideas. Nevertheless, the dark web is free for you to wander through. But be assured, that you are being monitored. I digress.

The Sudden Appearance of Hope is a beautiful story of a girl who is capable of immeasurable things. 

RATING - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...