Donoor's Curse by Sharath Komarraju

I have always liked Sharath's writing in thrillers and this is the second book that I read of his in this genre. Set in some forgotten village of India, the author has managed to bring to life the people and the place alike. Mysterious things start to happen in Donoor, as strangers start showing interest in the place famous for having a lot of twins. Wether it is a boon of the village goddess or there is a scientific logic to it remains to be discovered. Troubled by death of this godfather and his visions, Devdatta Pathak goes to Donoor to find answers. What he finds there is truth of his whole life. His actions, though well meant, lead to events unwanted and brings unlikely people together.

I liked this story , the characters,so simple yet complexly embroiled in the plot. The story gradually kept unfolding with each chapter and even the end , which kind of became clear after three-fourth of the book ,left me happy.This is the kind of book I want to read the sequel too some day. Maybe I want to know more about Devdatta, his mother and the way he turns his life from this point. Perhaps the backstory in the current book has not answered all the lose ends.

My rating : 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...