Techie @ Heart - Karthik S.

TECHIE @ HEART

ISBN - 978-93-5009-445-7
FIRST PUBLISHED - 2013
PAGES - 144
PUBLISHERS - HACHETTE
GENRE - Memoir/Fiction
BINDING - Paperback
SOURCE - Publishers

AUTHOR - Karthik S.

SYNOPSIS - When I got into India's top-most software company, I thought, Dude, your life is set.

My future was bright, my parents were damn proud of me, my hot girlfriend and I planned a great life together.

Then things began to happen...crazy things I had not foreseen...

I was forced to reassess my dreams...to reconfigure the way I thought...to look again at this thing they call love...

I am Karthik S. And this is my story.

FL Speaks - This 144 page story had to be one of the most painful reads of my entire life. This is not even a novel. The author was writing an essay and he got carried away. I honestly feel bad about losing 2 hours of my life.

Sometimes I feel guilty about slamming a book that authors took the time to write. But if Mr. Karthik is hoping that he can actually sell books, he's going senile. My little sister can write better and proper English.

"The campus was simply awesome." This was one of the sentences in the book. I started closing my eyes from that moment on. Simply awesome!!! This is the standard of English we are reduced to expect from our new age writers. I feel sad for the trees that were cut down to make this so-called novel.

There are good parts in between. To be truthful they were not good parts, they were just not bad enough. As I said earlier, this is an essay gone horribly wrong. It is also a true story. Apparently the author's own tale. If this is true, I have many things to say to the author. For eg. for someone born and brought up in the North of India, how were you so narrow minded? You slammed someone for doing something (that you felt was wrong), but suddenly it made sense when you started doing it?

[Guys, if you read the book, you'll understand]

To sum it up -> guy gets job - bad roommates - no love - family problems - job job job - whining - new love - job job job - hallelujah 

Personally, it was jolly fun laughing at the author's mediocre thinking of life prior to the life he was living by the end of the book. The book has all the ingredients to be a Bollywood potboiler. But if it was made exactly as it was written, I doubt any tickets would have been sold. Good story, poorly told.

I'd recommend you not to waste time on this one and more importantly, not waste 199 Rupees on this farce of a novel.

My Rating - 1.5/5 stars

P.S| Last time I panned a book, someone came out guns blazing questioning my right to criticize. For all those future gun-blazers out there, I just want you to know that as reviewers, it is our job. Its nothing personal.

We review books, not writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...