The Soulkeepers (The Soulkeepers, #1) by G.P. Ching



I totally love series. More so , I love the madness it inspires in me when I come across a good one. The old readers here would have witnessed my love for House of Night series ( which reminds me I have to check when the next book is due) .

Before that there were a few more TV series but after a long time I am hooked to some book.

I came across "The Soulkeepers" as a free book on amazon Kindle [ They have a top 100 free ebooks list which I scan and get the books from almost weekly ]

10 days after the download , I started the book and was so much hooked to it that i finished it in 2 days. [ I immediately bought the second part and finished it in less than 24 hours :D ]


Synopsis :

When fifteen-year-old Jacob Lau is pulled from the crumpled remains of his mother's car, no one can explain why he was driving or why the police can't find his mother's body. Made a ward of his uncle and thousands of miles from home, a beautiful and mysterious neighbor, Dr. Abigail Silva, offers to use her unique abilities to help him find his mom. In exchange, she requires Jacob to train as a Soulkeeper, a gifted warrior charged with protecting human souls. He agrees to her demands, desperate for any clue to the mystery of his mother's disappearance. But soon Jacob finds himself trapped in a web of half-truths, and questions Dr. Silva's motives for helping him.


My verdict : The book's plot though quite simple , is written in a way that is engaging and fast paced. The characters are so much believable and mostly lovable. I liked the way the author has made the characters feel so real to em while I read about their life. Dr Silva's garden is so amazingly described as her adventures. you know she is not pure goodness yet you enjoy the way she has fun with people around her. Jacob is the angry teenage looking for answers about his mother in a city where no one likes him except the Indian girl at school. Things turn bad for both when they break up but Love always has a way to return to the deserving.

while I will not say , the book has much twist and turns or any complex characters , the scenes and the settings are neat and concise. The feelings are genuine and the conversations are very real.

Few pages in the end look like some scene from Supernatural show but they do fit in.

Overall, I enjoyed waking up for this one.

I rate this 4/5.


2 comments:

  1. Ooohh!
    A series...do I love these or what.Especially after the Rick Riordan overdose for Percy Jackson.
    The Soulkeepers sounds like something right up my street!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is still free on amazon kindle if you want to try :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...