Monthly Update : A New Beginning



Hey guys,

I've lost the touch of writing the monthly updates. Need to get back to it from now.

Anyway, another year is over. In 5 months, we will be 2 years old :D

Amazing journey so far. And its going to get better. 

Right now, the focus is on making people read books and making people read us. So SEO goes to top priority now.

Btw, a very hearty welcome for our first non-Indian reviewer, Youngjoo Ahn. She hails from California, U.S of A [If am not mistaken]

Welcome to ALoP girl :D

People, I do hope you keep checking your emails. We don't spam you but sometimes we do need your response. 

Take part in the Mixed Variety Challenge 2013 and make sure your progress bar has not fallen behind.

Video interviews and reviews will be introduced as the year progresses. [This is for all the pretty ladies of the blog. I look like an awkward horse behind a camera]

Lots of books to read this year. Some of you have actually reduced your yearly book reading numbers [yes, I'm looking at you Arpita] Also, somebody needs to wake up Maithili.

More than 400 books reviewed at ALOP last year. Can we cross 500 this year??

Lots of giveaways and themed giveaways are coming around the corner. Maybe more than 1 in a month. The mother-of-all giveaways will also happen in June. So keep coming back to us.

FRIVOLOUS FRIDAYS meme will be back. SO ABSOLUTELY NO REVIEWS ON FRIDAYS from next week. 

Invite your friends. We want more books here. We want more people here. [C'mon folks, I'm the best boss you'll ever get]

Lastly, I've been tinkering with this template for quite a while now. The last template was just a teaser for this. Since you all wanted the slider, here's a bigger one. Lots of social widgets, so share it around. Also, a cool, fantastic jQuery Facebook page "like" widget I've added. There's a tweet button on the left as well.

The page is stable. It loads faster. There is also a threaded comments availability now. So instead of replying to a previous comment by posting a new one, you can simply reply to that commentator.

Sadly, there was no top comments enabled with this template. So I had to search for a better one. This new one does look sexy right?

I will be adding a few more codes for useful widgets. Need that "similar posts" thingy from the previous template.

All credits goes to the wonderful coders who makes such widgets. But you guys thank me okay for sacrificing my sleep to integrate it  :P

Any bugs, any suggestions, report to me. I will try my best to make you love ALOP.

I don't have many demands, just one. This year, don't give up your love for reading. Even if you feel you don't have the time to review it here, its still okay. Just read, read, read.

With that, its FL signing off...

Wishing you all a very Happy New Year.

Update: Reply button in threaded comments is not working. Waiting for google to get back to me

9 comments:

  1. Of course we promise to keep reading,FL. You deserve it for being such a sweetheart and doing all this stuff for us!
    But be warned,the 6 hour gap between reviews might not always be maintained!
    And video reviews...whoa!
    I'm out...but boy am I looking forward to them!
    Nim,Arp and other pretty ladies ,do we see you a video-sensation soon??!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Ahem,ahem* Whatever u say, Buzz Lightyear.
    :P I agree that you really are d best boss we'll ever have. So ya, I AM going to make u happy with plenty of reviews this year. ;)

    Welcome to ALOP Youngjoo! Hope to see u here soon. :)

    @Tal, I am looking forward to them as much as u r! I guess we will start with Swarnali and her author interview! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. you dint tell about whispering library !
    I love that tab :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I like the template, but it is a little difficult to navigate through. Too many widgets have increased the loading time and right scroll bar dances at its own will. May be its just my laptop, but, okay!

    Happy New Year everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youngjoo Ahn, welcome to the herd :)
    get interactive and buzzy and soon u would love urself for getting into this venture.

    Best regards
    P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Youngjoo Ahn welcome !!
    @FL: I m awake ! i m just reading exhausting books :P I reviewed gone with the winds but I guess it got ignored with the blog construction happening :D
    Anyway I m on to reading another exhaustive one so bear with me :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Youngjoo Ahn, welcome to ALOP ... I'm quite new here too :)

    @FL: wow, that's some updates. Good good. I'm not giving up a love for reading, but it'd be nice if my name came back in the LABELS part :P I'm part of ALOP authors you know. The label is Leo (should have a number 7 or 8 in the brackets I think or just about that much).

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodNESS! sorry, leo. it will be fixed right away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings from Carolina! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you present here and can't wait to take a look when I
    get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my phone .. I'm not even using WIFI,
    just 3G .. Anyways, great blog!

    Feel free to visit my blog - go to my blog

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...