Rapture - Lauren Kate


RAPTURE

Book 4 of Fallen

ISBN - 978-0-385-61812-0
FIRST PUBLISHED - 2012
PAGES - 448
PUBLISHERS - Random House
GENRE - Young Adult
BINDING - Paperback
SOURCE - Publishers

AUTHOR - Lauren Kate

BEST-SELLERS - Fallen, Torment

SYNOPSIS - [From the back cover]

THE SKY IS DARK WITH WINGS....
And time is running out for Luce and Daniel.

In order to stop Lucifer from erasing the past, they must find the place where the Fall began. Only Luce can break the curse, and it is her choice alone that will decide all of their fates.

But as Dark Forces gather, great sacrifices will have to be made in this final, epic struggle...

In the fight for Luce, and for love,
who will win?

QUOTES - 

The past is important for all the information and wisdom it holds. But you can get lost in it. You've got to learn to keep the knowledge of the past with you as you pursue the present. 
“Inspiration is an excuse for doing something you already want to do.” 
“I want you to know that I would do it all again. I will choose you every time.” 
“Heartbreak is its own form of amnesia.” 

FL Speak - First of all, I made a huge mistake by asking Random House to send me this book. Not because I don't like this genre much, but because I should have researched first before saying yes to this. This is BOOK 4 of a series and I haven't read the first three!!

So Google came to my rescue thankfully and after reading a couple of reviews of the earlier books and then re-reading them again, I was ready to start my own journey with Luce and Daniel.

For some unknown naive idiots like me, who jumped into this without reading the other three, here's a gist of what I unravelled. Earth is full of mortals (obviously!) and there are also some thousands and thousands of fallen angels. Daniel is one such. And he is racing against time to stop Lucifer (once a fallen angel) from erasing history. Him and Luce. Luce, who is pretty important but keeps mooning about Daniel all the bleddy time is the key to the whole thing. Somehow. 

Lucifer is already hurtling down THE FALL. [its a dimension thingy. You fall from Heaven and you land on earth. And it takes roughly about nine days. Think of it as the Transporter Room of Star trek. Instead of "beam me up" its "beam me down" but in slow motion]

So 9 days is all Daniel, Luce, Gabbe, Arianne, Cam and a few got to save the world. To do that, they need to find 3 relics which will take them to the site of the original Fall and that's where the final showdown happens. As they split up to search for the relics, they're tested by THE ELDERS [Evil bitches] and then there are THE OUTCASTS [who were angels that neither Heaven nor Hell wanted] and then some.

As I said earlier, Luce is important. And Luce is not just Luce. She is also the reincarnation of various "herself" in different times. And apparently, in all her lives, she loved Daniel and somehow they found a way to each other. And Lucinda is desperate to break the curse this time around. One major thing that irritated me was the fact that LUCE can never stop gushing about Daniel and how handsome he is or how strong his arms/wings are! I'm a romantic too but jeez! It gets funnier when every time Luce falls into a trap or in a bad situation, her love for Daniel and vice versa gets her out of it. HELLO!!!!

Friendship, sacrifices, love, louvvve....and a lot of LOVEEEEEE are all you get in this book. Also the plot is getting predictable. However, there is a huge surprise when Lucinda finally breaks free from all the imaginary shackles she has on herself.

Despite that major annoying fact, the book kinda grows on you. You've some good action packed scenes (until the moment the love thingy comes) and some good comic banter. However, the climax was as anti-climatic as it could get. BULL! Fans of this series might love this book as a whole, even I'm okay with it. But since its my first last book, my opinion should be taken as a general context.

My Rating - 3.5/5 stars

2 comments:

  1. i love it when u review these things, FL! but really, i've had enough of lucifer to last me a life time. milton nearly killed me with paradise lost. so i'll skip this series, but thanks for d adorable review. u made me smile! :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...