Don't Hire The Best - Abhijit Bhaduri


Ever since I have started taking reading seriously, I am reading whatever is coming my way. I am not saying no to anything and thats the best part about it. The most unexpected readings are becoming my favourites and latest addition in the list is the book Don't Hire The Best by Abhijit Bhaduri. Its a 184 page book, very well written, supplied with examples and also theories and solutions to everything related to recruitment. 

Abhijit who has led HR teams at Microsoft, PepsiCo, Colgate, Tata Steel in India, South East Asia and US has made sure that the book stays simple and easily understandable to everyone who reads it. Initially, I thought I would drop the book in midway but that didn't happen. In fact, I finished in the book in two sittings. 

In the whole book, Abhijit focuses on one and only thing, Don't hire the best, hire the RIGHT person for the job. He has tried to explain the concept from various examples, situations and theories. The book is divided into three sections with some 4-5 chapters each. I would definitely like to share the name of the chapters here because that will give the reader of this post a vague idea about the whole book

1. The Role of a Leader
2. Hiring "The Best"
3. What I Learnt and how ?
4. Boss, What's the secret sauce?
5. Hiring Leaders Needs a Different Approach.
6. Interviewers' Mistakes
7. Building a Success Profile
8. Personality and "Fit"
9. Personality : The 'Bright Side'
10. Personality : The 'Dark Side'
11. Organisational Fit : Value and Motivations
12. Values and Organisational Culture
13. Conclusion

So, if you are into recruitment business, this book is a must for you. Its not that heavy sort of reading that would take ages to finish. It presents you with key points for being a great recruiter and understand the value of recruiting the right person for the job. Even if you are an entrepreneur, this book will surely open your eyes about setting up a right team for the business you do.  Give this book a try, I strongly recommend it to all the HR people at least. 

Book Source : HarperCollins India
Genre : Non-Fiction
ISBN : 978-93-5029-433-8

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes, you can pick these for a little tweaking of your own attitude as well. :D I usually do that to see, what can I gain. :D

    I liked the terseness of this review. :D

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...