#BookReview : Have a little faith by Mitch Albom


From the last 4 years , I have been reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" in the first week of Jan. And being someone too used to rituals, I never tried another book or author. This year God had other plans so I happened to come across this book "have a little faith" by same author.

This is a true story of Mitch's Rabi and their conversations in differed settings over a period of 8 years. In those eight years, Mitch gets a chance to rediscover faith , his roots and also some of the human emotions he had lost touch with. The book also has the story of Henry , a convict turned into Christian pastor. And for me that story was some how more inspiring.

The book no where wants you to believe in God but more than that it makes you aware of the ways we have tied our self to meaningless pursuits and how our joys are always linked to what and how much we give back to others. It is a lot of stuff you already know but put in context of real people - people who are flawed yet the goodness survives even today.

When i started, I was not aware of the reasons this book was my first read of 2016 but once I was done with about half, I knew that like Mitch this was my chance to re discover my faith and define my actions going forward 'cause

Faith is about doing. It is how you act , not what you believe. 

I personally liked this book though many sceptical readers might not enjoy it as much. Still this one I feel has something for all of us.

My rating : 4/5

Here's wishing you a glorious year in all you do and read. Bless you !  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...