Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less - Jeffrey Archer


I don't know whether I am doing justice to this book by writing its review and I don't even know whether it would be right forUntitled you to read this review. Its a Jeffrey Archer book, it has to be good. As simple as that. But just to satisfy my hunger to share my experience with this one, I am writing this review. 

The book was gifted to me by a dear friend and a person I respect. Initially she got me a box set of Ashwin Sanghi's all three books ( The Rozabal Line, Chanakya's Chant, The Krishna Key) as my birthday gift , but I had read them already, so I asked her if we can change it and she agreed. Then I picked up Not A Penny More, Not A Penny Less and Kane And Abel and I started off with the former. 

The tagline of the book says "Don't get mean, get even" and I totally believe in it. Harvey Metcalfe, a polish man living in America makes it big mostly through sly ways but he does make it really big. Then, he frames another plan to make more money and dupe people and he successfully manages to do that. He hires a person named David from US and sends him to London as a part of the company Prospecta Oil and spreads a rumour. A lot of people fall for this rumour and among them are Stephen, Jean-Pierre, James and Dr.Robin. All of them put in a lot of their hard earned money in Prospecta Oil's shares. 

Once they figure out what exactly has happened, Stephen takes the charge to get his money back and makes a plan and shares it with the other three and then begins a roller coaster ride of preparing and executing the plan prepared by Stephen and others to get their money back out of Harvey Metcalfe's pockets, obviously by crook ! ;-) 

The book is definitely a page turner and while I was reading it, I could very well figure out why it is still topping the charts among people who want to read good stories. I am not revealing anymore about the plot here! Give it a shot, the story will keep you on your toes. 

Book Source : Personal Copy
Publisher : Pan Books
ISBN : 9780330419048
Genre : Fiction

4 comments:

  1. I've seen this book sitting on quite a few bookshelves whenever I'm on a family visit but sadly,we never stay long enough for me to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a reverent feeling in your association with Mr. Archer, isn't it true? :) I felt rather nice reading this one, here Yatin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @MSM : Yes, according to me he is a brilliant story teller and so so humble. For me story matters more, no matter who has written it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first Archer book I read and oh god ! this was so much FUN !!

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...