#BookReview: Undercover Princess (The Rosewood Chronicles #1) by Connie Glynn #TheWriteReads #UltimateBlogTour




Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn
My rating: 4.5 of 5 stars

When fairy tale obsessed Lottie Pumpkin starts at the infamous Rosewood Hall, she is not expecting to share a room with the Crown Princess of Maradova, Ellie Wolf. Due to a series of lies and coincidences, 14-year-old Lottie finds herself pretending to be the princess so that Ellie can live a more normal teenage life.

Lottie is thrust into the real world of royalty – a world filled with secrets, intrigue and betrayal. She must do everything she can to help Ellie keep her secret, but with school, the looming Maradovian ball and the mysterious new boy Jamie, she’ll soon discover that reality doesn’t always have the happily ever after you’d expect…


There are some stories you just know you will love them. This one came with a similar feeling to me. Royalty, Secret identities, bodyguard drama, School life, and found friends/family; all in one single book. What more could I ask for. 

I liked Lottie from the very first page and could almost see why she was so eager to help Ellie and be part of the whole royal drama. Ellie , I admit took some time for me to understand and like her, but when it comes to Jamie, I loved him instantly.  He is the one I am most interested to see grow in the books because I know Lottie is going to be an interesting influence on him. Also, I pity him a tiny bit to be responsible for these two girls - who can never be far from trouble & mischief. The school has such a whimsical vibe and the setting is just ripe for both troubles and more wonders happening because these students have the potential to bring the best in each other. As the book opening paragraph says, sometimes such wondrous places are inside a person - and that person can also be you. That's the exact dreamlike adventure this book is - part inspiring, part heartwarming, and more parts entertaining.

When I first read about this book, I wasn't aware that this is part of a series. And after reading it, I immediately bought the next part(s) because I just want to see a peaceful happy ending for this trio. Luckily the series finished recently so you can pick it up without bothering about waiting for the next part.  

A huge thank you to TheWriteReads, the author, and Penguin for my spot on the tour, and my ecopy of the book! So glad I was introduced to this fun series. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Regional: 1980 by Anver Abdulla

  Though Anver Abdulla is an accomplished name in Malayalam Detective fiction ( he has given us some genuinely memorable detective Novels li...