Review: A Flight of Broken Wings by Nupur Chowdhury

A Flight of Broken Wings A Flight of Broken Wings by Nupur Chowdhury
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Six hundred years ago, humanity rose up in revolt against the Aeriels, who were driven from earth and back into their homeland of Vaan after a bloody and glorious war.

Eight years ago, Ruban’s home was destroyed and his family murdered by an Aeriel.

When a new Aeriel threat looms over Ragah, the capital city of Vandram, Ruban Kinoh must do everything in his power to avenge his family's past and protect the future of his country.



I have been a fan of fantasy fiction genre long before I realized that it is a genre of books ! And for a long time I read mostly foreign authors. So it is always a good feeling to see an Indian author do justice to the genre and good story in general. To say , that I read this book without expectations would be a lie and I am always a little too sceptical of the fantasy fiction books that seem to be part of a trilogy.


So , it was very fortunate for me to chance upon this book as this one totally lives up to its promise. Fantasy fiction mostly survives on the world you set for your characters  , the rules , the past , the present and tying them all in the near future.


Nupur set up a world that wasn't too far from reality and mixing it with her out of the world creatures, some of them,  I must say have such amazing sense of humor that I was immediately hooked to the book. The best thing about the book is the light banter that keeps flowing in the story keeping you smiling and engaged. The friendship and the loyalty that develops by passing some hard times together is amazingly shown as is the author's understanding of relationships in general. The action scenes are totally on point and do not lack the punches that are needed.


I would love to see Ruban and Ashwin together again if they promise to give me same dose of fun in every single book. And on that note , I must add that whether the author decides to write another part or not , this book in itself is complete and the reader would not be disappointed at the end.






     



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...