The Girl with all the gifts by M R Carey



I rarely (can) read the books picked for group reading. Or even as part of challenge , I do not read out of my comfort zone genres. But something about this hooked me from the moment I read the blurb. The story is of a group of zombies ( who are basically in human kids bodies ) being kept together as prisoners in an experimental scientific base camp.

Meline is the brightest of this  set of zombies who adores one of her teacher like nothing else. She dreams of only being together with the teacher and to win her approval for everything she does. Life takes a turn when these both have to run for their survival along a few other casts.

The reason that the book surprises you is because it does not reveal the intent or history of the people who set the camp immediately. It takes time building the suspense and by then you are intrigued enough. The way Meline choses her upbringing over her natural instincts and proves to be an ally in this war zone is remarkable.

I totally enjoyed this book , even when the end seems a little dark.

My rating : 4/5

PS - I hear that the movie is very good too. 

1 comment:

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...