When love finds you Yashodhara Lal

Things aren't hopeless. You're acting helpless... If you are feeling the way you are, it's because you simply haven't made the right decisions... You know what you are supposed to do. You just haven't decided to do it yet.. 


An year back I had the chance to read Yashodhara's book There's something about you and based on that I was as excited to read her latest book as I was a little prepared to be disappointed by romance not being my cup of tea in general. I must say , Yashodhara knows how to create realistic , relevant and some very endearing love stories.

The book was a pretty fast and easy read for me and  as much I could understand what was really going on with Natasha , the badass "Hitler" boss in the work front , I found her a little too much to like or dislike all through the book. The past story  and the things or people she left behind in pursuit of success , paled a little as they were touched upon very rare or very late. Still ,the author managed to present a very clear picture of a single woman trying to break the glass ceiling in her office by hard work and focus on her work. Of course , it is never enough for her previous or the new boss as things take a shocking turn for her.

There are quite a few other characters in the plot and I felt they have been underutilized in the book. I would have liked knowing more and seeing them more in the life of Natasha. There are a few technical references which were not very clear to me. Yet the book kept me hooked. I loved Nikhil and her daughter's bonding and characters very much. with them , Natasha was almost comfortable and casual in her talks. Otherwise , I felt the dialogues a little stretched.

Overall , a good fun read for a lazy romantic afternoon.

My Rating : 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...