Dancing Within Shadow, by Morgan Dragonwillow

Poetry of a known person is always wonderful to read. You have a sense of their muse, even if it is an incomplete one, and that sense helps to understand that poem a little more than reading the poem of an absolutely unknown poet. Of course, it helps if the poetry is understandable and not too deep. I’ve known the poetry of Morgan Dragonwillow only through her blog and through the OctPoWriMo writing challenge. So when the opportunity came to get her eBook for free, I grabbed it.

Section 1 of the book is titled Darkness, and true to the title, the poems in the section are dark, poignant and thought provoking. I think the poem I could relate to mostly was “I remember me”, for I have seen a similarity to my life and that of the comic character she mentions in this poem.

Section 2 of the book is titled Rebellion, and it’s about standing up for what you believe in. The poems in this part were about strength, and somewhat about other’s opinions. My favorite from this part of the book was “Out loud”, which is about laughter, and laughing out loud even when others try to stifle it.

Section 3 of the book is titled Love, and the poems in the part are about love, and feeling it. Though I liked most poems in this part, the one that I loved the most was “Grandpa Joe”, for I could relate to it easily, my grandfather having taught me a lot of things even though his ideas were mostly inflexible.

Section 4 of the book is titled Light, and the poem I loved is “Peace”. A palindrome poem that felt as peaceful as the title. And she ends the book with a poem that ends with the lines “Who I really am… is me” which felt just wonderful.

There are poems in this book which I do not understand as easily, but some that I really like and relate to. But none of the poems deter me from trying to understand it. I would rate this book a 7 on 10. And yes, I would read it again.



Book Details:
Title: Dancing within Shadow
Author: Morgan Dragonwillow
Genre: Poetry
ISBN/ASIN: B00C100FPC


1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?Shoppal

    Coupondesh

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...