Matters of the heart - Danielle Steel



Author:Danielle Steel
PublisherRandom House
Genre: Romance/Thriller

ISBN: 978-0-385-34027-4

Synopsis(As given at the back of the book) :
 In this spellbinding blend of suspense and human drama, Danielle Steel tells a powerful and unusual story of one woman’s journey from darkness into light, as she fights to escape a mesmerizing sociopath who holds her in his thrall. . . .
Top photographer Hope Dunne has known joy and heartbreak, and finds serenity through the lens of her camera. Content in her So Ho loft, she isn't looking for a man or excitement. But these things find her when she flies to London to photograph one of the world’s most celebrated writers.
 
Finn O'Neill exudes warmth and a boyish charm. Enormously successful, he is a perfect counterpoint to Hope’s quiet, steady grace—and he’s taken instantly by her. He courts her as no one ever has before, whisking her away to his palatial, isolated Irish estate.
Danielle Steel delivers an unforgettable tale of danger and obsessive love, as she explores the dark secrets that sometimes lurk just below the surface of ordinary lives, writing about men and women and their courage to prevail even in the face of evil.


AaishanniA:

     When I first picked up this book,I merely looked at the cover.Seeing the title as well as the author being Danielle Steel(Known for her books dealing in romance and sappy endings) I assumed it was another love story perfect for a romantic like me.But BOY was I wrong.Though this book is a love story it isn't too romantic :P Nor is it your conventional type of Danielle steel.
      The book starts by the introduction of Hope Dunne,A well known photographer who has unfortunately gone through various mishaps and devastation's in her lifetime.She does not wish to hurt herself more and thus refrains from dating and isn't looking for a man. As an assignment,She flies to London to photograph one of the worlds most celebrated writers.He fills the gap in her life and gives her the attention she craves.Slowly she begins to fall in love with him.That is the end of the "conventional" love story part of the book.The book takes an unpredictable twist that will keep you biting your nails till the very end.
         The only problems I had with the book is that if you read Danielle Steel frequently,you may find the manner of writing slightly monotonous. Also there are parts in the book where you may feel like skipping a few pages.
        All in all this book is worth a read,and will leave you contented by the end. It is a page turner that has certain parts where you wont even want to blink! Its chilly, psychologically based but still has that warmth and happiness.The end(which I shan't spoil for you) is inspiring as it really depicts the power of spiritualism in the context of healing and gives an opinion to the danger of getting taken in by the thought and look of a "prince charming".

Rating: 4 out of 5

Price: INR 350/-

5 comments:

  1. I read Steel twice till now and have liked the books always. This though I remember I had skipped buying. something about the plot doesn't interest me. but I am intrigued at the closing lines of your review. will keep this in "to-read" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i would pick this up. I read a couple of her books before and I swore never to pick her up again.

    But this review does make me rethink my decision. Nicely done.

    And oh, welcome to ALOP, Make sure you read others and drop a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm..not ur typical danielle steel? then i might just give it a try. ;-)

    nice review! and welcome to the gang! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just borrow this book off of you! :D
    I like Danielle Steel but this book sounds just so much more than an average DS book.
    Thank you for not spoiling the plot! :D
    And, your review makes me want to read it right now!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Book Review: The Teacher by Freida Mcfadden

  It’s Sunday again and I picked up yet another Freida Mcfadden. ‘The Teacher’ is the author’s first release of the year and like her prev...