New Moon [ Twilight series # 2]

- By Stephenie Meyer
(Review on request by Smita )




This was the first Twilight book I read [ I had watched the first part as movie and read it after I was done with the whole series ] And i liked the fact that the book was written in Bella's POV. I mean it could have been from a third party narration but Bella's narration seems so much more personal. And that is one of the reson you feel the book so close. From her heart breaking sadness for Edward's absence , her time with Jacob, her crazy ways to "feel" Edward around her. I was totally drawn into the book.

And Jacob ..Oh God ! He and his friends were such a wonderful addition to the story as much to Bella's life. you feel as much for him as you want Bella and Edward to be together. He actually did not make me miss the Cullens for long time.

And the end was not what I was expecting. Its the extent to which Edward can go for Bella. And isn't that some thing we all dream of ?? A dangerous edge to the connection !

Twilight fans .. you will love this one too ..



Synopsis :

Shoot, I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut.It all happened very quickly then.Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow. Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm-into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires.

Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.
 


PS : Trust me when I say , you will like Jacob more than Edward in the movie if not the book. Have a look ;)


And this was another book cover designed after the movie release ..
I actually liked it ..




ISBN   : 1904233880
ISBN-13: 9781904233886,978-1904233886
Binding: Paperback
Pages  : 608
Price  : 395 [ 250 @ flipkart]



5 comments:

  1. The only reason i love this book is because of Alice Cullen. Bella can date whoever fang or claw she wants. Just leave Alice to me. Btw, i do fantasize being Jasper sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella looks so safe in the hands of Jacob. He's just so protective for he girl. But she also looks good with Edward. He's so passionate and possessive for her.
    *Day dreams*
    Arrgh, it's so hard who's team one should be on :( :(
    I love Edward's coldness and Jacob's warmth :( :(

    Thanks for the review Nimue :) I so loved the special book covers you mentioned :D
    Team Jacob :P
    Team Edward :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @FL : I know about your alice obsession from long .. can't forget you gave 4.5 to Host only cause Alice wasnt in the book :P

    @Smita : This one really made me a bit confused about who to support ;) bt my loyalty lies with Edward at the end of the day .. always ...

    and yes, in the moviee , Jacob is one hottie.. *droools*

    thanks to this post , i came across the book cover you see here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book when I was going through a similar phase in my life.. (no no I m not in love with a vampire, but my guy had cut off all contact with me) and OMG I was longing for a Jacob in my life when I was reading this!!! I envied Bella when she got pampered by Jacob and cried to myself when she was ready to go to any length to hallucinate about Edward.. That gaping hole in the chest is so so true!! The emotions in this book were so touching.. Many people find this part boring in the first half as there is no action happening but yes I adored Jacob evn before he turned a werewolf!! He is just soooooo sweeet !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Maithili .. thats the heart of the book ... the pain is so well depicted for Bella that you can feel it .. and i can imagine your feelings .. not that strong but some where i knew some Jacob ... and i still pined for Edward who never returned :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep reading, keep suggesting, keep commenting

Regional: 1980 by Anver Abdulla

  Though Anver Abdulla is an accomplished name in Malayalam Detective fiction ( he has given us some genuinely memorable detective Novels li...